Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The new workpace workout

I recently switched jobs, which means I switched offices. I brought my computer with me, but I am using the printer that came with the office. About a week ago, the printer started only printing on the edges of the paper, leaving the middle mostly blank. I don't print much, so I just sent my print jobs to the printer in my old office and walked down the hall to get my stuff.

I've finally decided that it might be nice to be able to use the printer that takes up a good portion of my desk, so I looked into getting a new toner cartridge. I don't do much ordering of office supplies, so I was quite surprised by the $100 price tag ($80 for reconditioned). Out of curiosity, I checked out how much a new printer would be. About $150. And it would probably work better than this one, which has to think for a while before printing.

So maybe I'll get a new printer. Or maybe I'll keep using the printer in my old office and call it exercise.

No comments: