Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Heeeeere come the countertops!

So I wish I had started this blog about this time last year. I could have chronicled the long-awaited purchase of our house and all the remodeling that has happened since then. But I didn't really start reading any blogs regularly until recently. And of course, reading other blogs made me want one of my very own. And here it is.

So in case you're not aware of the remodeling that has happened thus far, here it is in a nutshell:
  • We turned the little extra room off the front bedroom into a closet.
  • We redid the front bedroom including new walls, ceiling, and refinished hardwood floor that had been hiding under the carpet for who knows how long.
  • We redid the kitchen - new walls, ceiling, cabinets, refinished hardwood floor, antique sink, passthrough to the living room (kind of), and regular door to replace the sliding glass door that used to be there.
  • We tore out the sink in the bathroom.
The kitchen list was long, but you may have noticed that although we installed new cabinets, we do not, as yet, have new countertops. We are usually very good at making decisions, but we really agonized over the countertops. Laminate, granite, engineered stone? It was tough. We didn't want to spend the extra money for granite, and originally, I thought I didn't even like granite. But the more we looked, the more I liked it and then, ultimately, had my heart set on it. And still we looked and looked.

Bottom line? They are coming to measure our kitchen for our new granite countertops tomorrow! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and your husband sound very interesting. Nice blog.

lg