Monday, October 31, 2005

The unveiling

Today is the day I am emailing my friends and family to let them know I have a blog. So, friends and family, here it is!

Since today is Halloween, I will share a Halloween costume story with you . . .

My family is pretty creative, and I don't think I ever settled for a ho-hum costume. No sheet ghost for me. I remember one year when I dressed up as a bunch of balloons. My mom had a shirt that had holes all over it. (It was supposed to have the holes - we called it "eyelet" material. I don't know if that's a real term or not.) So we blew up lots of balloons of all different colors and tied them to the shirt. It was a cute costume.

I went trick-or-treating with my friends in the big city of Ocala since my little hometown didn't offer much in the way of neighborhoods. Everyone liked my costume and seemed to know what I was dressed as. Until the house where the woman asked me if I was a bunch of grapes.

Now, that would be a cute costume, too, and very similar to a bunch of balloons. But if you were a bunch of grapes, wouldn't you just go with purple or green balloons? Not every color in the bag?

I don't know why I remember that particular woman from so many years ago (could it be 20 years?!?). She sure made an impression.

No comments: