Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The midnight opossum

Last night G and I didn't sleep very well. I'm not sure if I wasn't sleeping well or not, but since G wasn't, I wasn't either. He got up for a while in the middle of the night and watched TV (I missed a funny Conan O'Brien, by the way).

Shortly after he came back to bed, he alerted me to the fact that there was a possum (an opposum?) outside gathering stuff for its nest. He asked me if I wanted to see it. I try to be very honest, so I said no thank you.

Then it came out that the opossum was picking up palm fronds and dragging them away with its tail. Now that was something worth seeing.

So I opened my eyes, saw the palm frond-dragging opossum, and then rolled over and went back to sleep.

P.S. - My posts have been very sporadic lately. They will continue to be that way at least until next week. Don't send mean thoughts at me, Georgia Aunt P.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Georgia Aunt P was perplexed at sycamore's p.s. re mean thoughts until she remembered admitting to feeling somewhat hostile at one point after logging in time and time again and finding no new posts. She promises no mean thoughts. In fact, she finds it hard to imagine anyone really sending mean thoughts to sycamore.