Tuesday, March 28, 2006

At least you know we're clean

You've heard about my obsession with a particular brand of conditioner. Which, by the way, I have still been unable to locate. The new conditioner has proven to be adequate, so I am not quite so worried about it right now. I will still buy a cart-full when I find the old brand.

I'm not the only one with a toiletry fixation in the family, however. That's right, G is a little crazy, too. Only his obsession comes in the form of soap. He loves a new bar of soap. Of
course, it can't be any soap. The rule is that the soap must be a color - and white is not a color.

The color issue is sometimes difficult to overcome since soap is typically not sold in
transparent packaging. However, recently, his favorite soap has been Coast, which is definitely not white. You can tell just by the scent. There is no way a bar of soap that you can smell in the next county could possibly be just plain white. Of course, it also helps that the package actually has the word "blue" on it.

The last time we were at Publix together, G got some new soap. This is not where we usu
ally buy soap. As I was picking out my conditioner (and agonizing over the decision), he was perusing the soap on the other side of the aisle. I put my conditioner in the basket, and he deposited his Safeguard.

Safeguard? What's the attraction? I'm not sure, but he was really excited about it. He couldn't wait to use it. He replaced his remaining sliver of Coast with Safeguard as soon as we got home.

Are you ready for the kicker? G's new favorite soap is white!

I don't even want to think about all the times I came home with great-smelling new soap only to be denied because it turned out to be white. And now he buys a soap that he knows is white on purpose. I just don't get it.

Oh well, I guess no one really understands insanity.

No comments: