Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Here's to you, D

This comment was posted several weeks ago:
I am a little hurt in the way of feelings. I was informed of this site within the first week of operation and I have yet to read any post about me. There could be one on here but I did not read every blog, as I am not a strong reader. Please figure out who I am and give me a sign, so my life can continue.

You might think I would have a hard time figuring out who this anonymous person is, but you forgot how smart I am. It was the "not a strong reader" that did it. I spoke to this person shortly after I started my blog (and I was pretty excited about it), and he basically told me he wasn't really into it because the entries looked a little long and he's "not a strong reader." I guess he's been working on the reading, though, because it sounds like he's read some of it.

I aim to please, so here's a very short story about D . . .
On Christmas 2004, D happened to be visiting his family only a few hours from where G and I were celebrating with our family. Since we don't get to see each other that often, we decided to drive toward each other and meet in the middle somewhere.

As you may know, the selection of restaurants on the interstate that happen to be open on Christmas is not large. So we met at Hooters. This is even sillier if you know me - a vegetarian feminist at a restaurant known for chicken wings and, well, hooters.

Good times.

No comments: