Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Turkey foot

I'm in charge of turning the alarm off in the morning. You might be surprised by that if you've seen me sleep. I can sleep anywhere at any time for as long as I'm allowed. I don't understand the concept of waking up feeling refreshed. I wake up feeling like it would be nice to go back to sleep.

But I'm in charge of the alarm. Mainly because I'm the only one who hears it usually. Although G is a relatively light sleeper, he is generally able to selectively tune out the obnoxious noise that signals morning for us.

This morning, the alarm went off a little longer than usual before I managed to turn it off. G woke up, too, and he said, "I thought that was a turkey foot. I was wondering how the client could possibly take my proposal seriously when I can't even turn off the turkey foot alarm clock."

Yes, how indeed?

He partially remembered this when he woke up for real a little while later. I reminded him of the complete revelation, and we laughed. Sleeping can be so funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The proposal portion of my dream-like state makes sense because I've been working on a lot of proposals...but the turkey foot?

Anonymous said...

I wonder where the turkey foot came from? Any connection to the turkeys we feed in the yard? At any rate that story gave me a good chuckle!