Monday, June 05, 2006

The house fights back

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but we're back to work on the house remodeling. We took an extended break after Christmas (as in a couple months or so), but we're back on.

As a short person, I am used to having to work a little harder sometimes to keep up with my foot-taller-than-me husband. We were doing some constructing on Saturday that involved lifting a heavy thing way up in the air. I was expecting to have to risk my life by climbing up onto a ladder while lifting this heavy thing over my head. But G was thinking. He installed handles for me that allowed me to stay safely on the ground. I still had to lift the heavy thing over my head, but I didn't have to break my ankle. That might be the sweetest thing ever.

Then things went awry. G was nailing this heavy thing in place when something else caught his attention. He looked away, and, you guessed it, smashed his thumb with the hammer. HARD! He's done this before, but never with this kind of power. It turned blue instantly. Later, it looked sort of green, and now it's settled into a deep smoky blue.

I became in charge of hammering for the rest of the day since his hand wouldn't stop quivering when the hammer got close. Needless to say, I was very careful.

No comments: