Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Visual evidence

Meet the newest addition to our family . . . Thumbo. This is G's left thumb. Let me add that G is a lean man. He doesn't have a lot of extra fat anywhere. His thumb is definitely not normally this size. Gross, huh?

In the ongoing saga of Thumbo, I received this email from G after his regularly scheduled dentist appointment this morning:
FYI - My dentist and hygenist said that I need to heat up a needle and push it through the nail to release the pressure (which is causing the pain). I got all excited and called you to let you know what the night entailed...you didn't answer your phone, so it gave me a chance to think. The little [wife] on my shoulder said, "Why again won't you go to the doctor, they're only 3 blocks from your office, it will only cost $15, and they will probably numb it up before pushing a needle through the nail if that's even what you're supposed to do." You made a lot of sense, so I gave in and made an appointment for 4:30 today.

I can't tell you how glad I am that he figured this out on his own. I had visions of me trying to push a needle through the nail of a very swollen and extremely sore thumb while G screamed and writhed in pain. I'm sure that wouldn't have helped my already strained relationship with needles. Not to mention my relationship with G.

More news to follow, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The way G handles pain; it was a wise move to seek professional help. On the other hand, think of all the stories you would have with a little Appalachian surgery.

D