Monday, December 12, 2005

Double take

The place I work has about 100 employees. Its relatively small size coupled with its location in the middle of nowhere lead to an environment where everyone knows everyone else. It's very nice.

There is a guy who started here a few months ago. I don't work with him, but we have had many conversations since he arrived. Both he and his fiance (who works here also) are very nice.

Every time he sees me, he does a double take and then gives me a warm greeting. It makes me feel so special. For example, if I'm walking down the hall behind him and he briefly turns his head to see who it is, when he sees it's me, he turns again and says hi. Or if he's working in a common area and I walk in, he might look up to see who entered. He invariably looks back down at his work and then quickly looks back up with a "how are you."

So either he avoids talking to some people, he thinks I'm extra nice, or he does this to everyone. I don't know. I'm going to go with the extra nice theory.

No comments: