Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Mahi Oasis

The internet has gone on strike at work. Evidently our server crashed yesterday and won't be fixed today. So I'm at the nearby public library. What a useful service.

On my way to work today, I saw a sign outside a restaurant that made me not want to go there at all. I already didn't really want to go there. Since our town is a tourist haven, G and I try to avoid the touristy restaurants (where everything on the menu comes out of the freezer and into the fryer and the meals cost four times as much as they should) in favor of the local places.

This restaurant is one of those touristy places. Actually, I'm assuming it is. We haven't been there. But all signs point to touristy - cutesy name, advertisements for "lunch baskets," shrimp 40 different ways (I bet 30 of them are fried, just served with different sauces).

Their sign this morning: Try our Mahi Oasis

This sounds like a drink to me. A really gross drink. Like that Saturday Night Live skit with Dan Aykroyd advertising the Bass-O-Matic.


I tried to come up with a tasty dish that could be called Mahi Oasis, but I just couldn't. It's always a drink in my head. And I don't think there's any way to make a fish drink sound good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a little hurt in the way of feelings. I was informed of this site within the first week of operation and I have yet to read any post about me. There could be one on here but I did not read every blog, as I am not a strong reader. Please figure out who I am and give me a sign, so my life can continue.