Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The fuzz

I'm not a huge fan of peaches. I'm not sure there's any fruit I could say I don't like, but peaches just aren't my favorite. Maybe it's the fuzz.

I am a fan of canned peaches. Although I don't eat them very often these days, they were a staple for me back in college. Living in a dorm brings out odd eating habits, I think. Some people ate frozen dinners or ordered pizza a lot. I ate canned peaches. Right out of the can.

Our cupboard is a little bare right now, and we are particularly low on fresh fruits and veggies (they always seem to go first). So when I packed my lunch this morning, I dug into our hurricane stash of canned foods and ended up with fruit cocktail. The first bite I had was a peach, and it reminded me how much I like canned peaches.

I don't associate fresh peaches with canned peaches at all. They are two separate foods to me. Maybe it's the fuzz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie!
*hug hug hug*
I'm so glad you sent this to us! What a fun way to keep up with you and yours. Sure hope to see you both sometime soon. Until then,
xoxo Paige