Thursday, November 10, 2005

Just confirming your appointment

G and I left work early yesterday to judge sixth grade science fair projects at a friend's school. More about that entertaining experience later.

When I got to work this morning there was a note on my computer letting me know there was a message on the machine for me. It was the granite countertop company confirming that they would be installing the countertops tomorrow. Which means today!!!

"Confirming" implies that we had spoken about it previously. But we hadn't. I had no idea.

So I called to find out what time they are supposed to be there, and I've left messages for two different people, which haven't been returned. I don't feel like I can leave the phone to actually get any work done (which is why I'm posting). This is very frustrating.

The good news is that I'm sure I will forget all about this little snag as soon the countertops are in. No more microwaving in the living room. No more smoke detector indicating when the toast is done (the toaster is on top of the TV cabinet, which happens to be directly below the smoke detector). No more reaching down through the top of the drawers to get the silverware (okay, I will miss that probably).

Yippee!!! I just wish they'd call already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that all worked out -- remember you are building character! mm