Tuesday, November 15, 2005

You're welcome

I heard a story on the Marketplace Morning Report* this morning about the great sales figures that Home Depot and Lowe's posted for the third quarter. Here's what Forbes has to say about Home Depot:

The Home Depot Inc., the nation's largest home improvement store chain, reported a nearly 17 percent jump in third-quarter earnings on strong sales, beating Wall Street expectations. The company boosted its earnings per share growth guidance for the year.

This is good news, and it signals a strengthening economy. Now, I wouldn't claim that G and I are the sole reason for these earnings, but I think we're contributing. The clerks at Home Depot have stopped checking our credit card signatures because they recognize us.

Speaking of home improvement, G and I installed our new bathtub over the weekend. We redid the plumbing and then put the tub in (and out and in and out, etc.). We will start putting the walls up tonight.


*If you know me, then you might wonder why I listen to things like Marketplace. One reason is because I'm addicted to NPR and will listen to just about anything they put on, and another reason is that I have a crush on one of the Marketplace personalities, Kai Ryssdal. His voice is just dreamy. It's okay, G knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, so Kai is pretty dreamy, but why do all the NPR folks have such funny names? Kai? Korva? Mandalit? Vertamae? Xeni? Libby? Snigdha? Cokie? Shay? Neda?
Don't even get me started on last names.