Monday, November 21, 2005

Turkey Day approaches

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I get to cook a bunch of yummy food, visit with my family, eat as much of the yummy food as I want, and then eat it again for leftovers later. What's not to love?

I really enjoy the planning. Although I'm usually a last-minute kind of girl, I'm all about planning the Thanksgiving menu. I typically spend several weeks combing the internet and my vintage cookbooks for the perfect recipes. Then I make an exhaustive grocery list and spend a pleasant couple of hours buying everything. I like the week of Thanksgiving to be all about shopping and cooking.

Well, not this year.

G and I are on track to finish our bathroom in record time. This weekend we finished getting the walls up, and we started tiling the walls around the bathroom. We put a coat of paint on the walls before work this morning. Tonight we will get our final coat of paint up, finish tiling, and put the ceiling up. Tuesday the electrician will come attach all the lights, outlets, and switches. Then we will put in a new toilet and vanity.

So planning? shopping? cooking? Not the priority this year. That's okay. The good news is that we will have a new bathroom!!!

Note to family that will be joining us for Thanksgiving . . . I'm really excited about having you all over, and even though I don't know what we will be eating yet, I do know that it will be yummy.

No comments: