Monday, November 28, 2005

The Thanksgiving toilet

We enjoyed a very nice Thanksgiving and the associated long weekend. Despite my lack of planning, the food was yummy. (Except for the scalloped potatoes that I decided not to even finish baking because they looked so disgusting. I don't know what happened there. And I won't mention the squash casserole that I burned a little and we called "blackened.") Definitely not up to my usual standards, but passable.

Maybe even more exciting than the Thanksgiving meal, however, is the fact that we had a functional toilet for the gathering! We (mainly G, as I was cooking) installed the toilet just before our family arrived. But we did it! It's beautiful!

G's parents and my parents joined us for the festivities, and they very kindly oohed and aahed over our marginally functional bathroom as well as the marginally delicious meal. We had a great time visiting with them!

Incidentally, we went downtown to look at the Christmas lights on Thanksgiving evening, and my parents got to hear the one hit wonder. They thought he sounded good (which he does the first time you hear his song), but I had his single riff stuck in my head all night.

No comments: